Find information on programs, curricula, divisions, departments and faculty. Bergen offers more than 120 degree and certificate programs; all classes are taught by faculty experts dedicated to assisting students succeed as they pursue lifelong learning.
The mission of the teacher education program at Bergen Community Collegeis to prepare candidates for a meaningful career in the field of education. To achieve this mission, we are committed to:
- Offering high quality student centred undergraduate programs in education that focus on current research and best practices;
- Providing learning experiences for students which demonstrate masterful teaching, creativity and nurturing, supportive environments conducive to the development of interdisciplinary knowledge and curriculum;
- Fostering partnerships in our local communities to help prepare teacher candidates and current practitioners to become informed, lifelong leaders;
- Supporting instructional and service programs that advocate for children and youth through an ethic of care and reflection.
- The Education Department welcomes students of diverse backgrounds to learn the current principles and practices of educational instruction in order to meet the needs of children.
- The department provides a variety of courses designed to stimulate the mind and provide hands-on experience to prepare individuals to foster the development of children using developmentally appropriate practices, educational technology, and current educational theories.