Find information on programs, curricula, divisions, departments and faculty. Bergen offers more than 120 degree and certificate programs; all classes are taught by faculty experts dedicated to assisting students succeed as they pursue lifelong learning.
Academic Advising engages, challenges, and supports a diverse student population to assist students in achieving their educational goals by:
- Explaining Placement Test Results and Developmental Placement
- Teaching students how to read & understand their Degree Requirements
- Guiding students in choosing classes that will meet the academic requirements of his/her degree
- Teaching the student how to read the college catalog
- Accessing Web Advisor through Portal
- Providing information about academic deadlines
- Explaining College Policies and Procedures
- Offering referrals to campus resources
The Academic Advising Center operates as a walk-in center.
- Phone: (201)612-5480
- E-mail: email@example.com
400 Paramus Road
Pitkin Education Building, Room A118
Center for Student Success
Paramus, NJ 07652
- Academic Advisor referral and contact information may be made available in the Bergen portal, as applicable.
- During peak registration time students should arrive at least 1.5 hours before Center for Student Success closes.
Reference Materials and Handout
- Math and Science Pre-Requisite Flow Chart .
- Course Planning Worksheet
- Progression to WRT-101 (English Composition I) by placement. Scores Interpretation Guide
- Meet Your Faculty Advisor
Advising Group Sessions
|Department||Group Session Dates||Room|
|Health Professions & Veterinary Technology
(Admissions Information Session)
|For questions and updates, please refer to www.new.bergen.edu/hp|
|Information Technology, Game Programming & Testing/Medical Informatics||For questions and updates, please contact
|A-118, Advising Center/Pitkin Building|
(Science, Technology, Mathematics)
|For questions & updates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org||A-118, Advising Center/Pitkin Building|
ESL / ALP Cohort Advising Referrals and Contact Information
|Faculty Advisor & Language Fluency||Office|
|Carol Miele||A-214 Pitkin Buildingemail@example.com|
|Bill Jiang (Chinese – English)||A-333 Pitkin Buildingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Leah Carmona (Spanish – English)||B-309 Pitkin Buildingemail@example.com|
|Olga Weston (Russian – English)||L-337 Pitkin Buildingfirstname.lastname@example.org|