Find information on programs, curricula, divisions, departments and faculty. Bergen offers more than 120 degree and certificate programs; all classes are taught by faculty experts dedicated to assisting students succeed as they pursue lifelong learning.
- New Jersey Department of Labor’s one stop career site for job seekers, students and employers.
- Bergen Community College Library – This site provides reference material on careers, resumes, interviewing and other career related topics.There are also many links to sites with job listings and career information.
- A database of N.J. jobs, careers, schools and job search resources
- Provides information on growth jobs and careers in N.J. plus details about industries, different types of jobs and career planning.
Sites for Those Just Starting Out
- The Riley Guide takes you through many online sites and services that are useful in a job search.
- Information and advice on career-related topics and links to job listings.Good Research Cities section.Check out the Real People Profiles by choosing Research Industries from menu.Select Industry of your choice, and then click on Real People Profile.
- Resume and cover letter writing, interviewing and preparing for the world of work
Salary Guides and Relocation Information
- America’s Career InfoNet uses US Department of Labor statistics to provide information on wages, employment trends and job outlook.Individual state profiles include largest, highest paying and fastest growing employment sectors and largest employers.
- The Personal Salary Wizard allows you to obtain salary ranges for jobs by zip code or state/metro region. Also useful for identifying related job titles/positions and job descriptions.
- Jobstar Salary Surveys contain more than 300 salary guides and articles on salary negotiation.
- The Home buyer’s Fair provides relocation information such as salary calculator, city reports, real estate listings and crime statistics.
- Start your research at the employer’s web site.The company provides the information you find there.Look at news, project development, mission statements, product information and career opportunities.This information will help you tailor your cover letter to their needs.
- Hoovers Online is a business reference directory of employers.Searches can be done by company name or industry.
- Provides employer profiles and industry reports based on independent research and insider information.Job listings and message boards (The Electronic Water Cooler) are found here.
- Fortune magazine.Choose Company Lists from main menu for links to 100 Best Companies to Work For, America’s Fastest Growing Companies, America’s Best Companies for Minorities and more.
- Employers and hot career topics
- Monster Board is a large site where you can search over 300,000 job listings in multiple industries and occupations.You can also post a resume, obtain career advice and research companies.
- Career Builder– Job listings can be searched by keyword or you can choose a company and view their open positions.
- Career Journal – Career related articles and features from the Wall Street Journal.Contains salary and relocation guides in addition to job listings.
- Lists non-profit and community organizations in 140 countries which can be searched by name, location or mission.Volunteer opportunities, paid work experiences and internships are listed here.
- Technology-based job listings with options for posting resume and obtaining other career information.
- A site for part-time and hourly employment. Search over 50,000 listings by location.
- A search engine for job listings pulled from numerous sites.