Find information on programs, curricula, divisions, departments and faculty. Bergen offers more than 120 degree and certificate programs; all classes are taught by faculty experts dedicated to assisting students succeed as they pursue lifelong learning.
Children are enrolled on a first come/ first served basis. The Child Development Center (CDC) is open 11 ½ months a year from September through the end of Summer Session II
The CDC services children from two and a half to six years old, with additional programs for children up to twelve years old. It offers two developmentally appropriate classrooms as well as an outdoor learning environment.
The CDC opens no earlier than 7:30a.m. and closes no later than 5:30p.m., Monday through Friday*. (*During summer months of operation the CDC follows the College calendar with respect to days of service.)
Parents create a consistent schedule for their child at the start of each semester.
To enroll your child the following are required:
- A completed Application Packet
- Copy of your child’s birth certificate.
- Full and up to date child medical records with your child’s immunization on our NJ Department of Health Immunization Records Form.
- There is a one-time $50.00 registration fee.
- If you are a student of Bergen Community College and enrolling your child we will need a copy of your class schedule.
- For child care tuition assistance please contact your local county Office for Children and Family Services.
For Students Only:
- Full-time (25-50 hrs.): $180 per week
- Part-time (16-24 hrs.): $140 per week
- Hourly Rate: $8.50 per hour
For Faculty & Staff:
- Full-time (25-50 hrs.): $200 per week
- Part-time (16-24 hrs.): $160 per week
- Hourly Rate: $12 per hour
For the Community:
- Full-time (25-50 hrs.): $290 per week
- Part-time (16-24 hrs.): $240 per week
- Hourly Rate: $15 per hour
Once enrolled at the Child Development Center your child will need:
- A complete labeled change of clothing must be left at school. Please update with the seasons.
- Your child will need a photo for their cubby. Children share “cubbies.” Please keep this in mind when packing children’s items.
- A small labeled sheet, blanket and small pillow must be provided for nap time and washed once each week.
- Although toys from home are not allowed, stuffed animals for rest time are always welcome.
- Children do not need to be toilet trained to attend the CDC. Parents must provide diapers and wipes. (The use of “pull-ups” is prohibited unless the child is adept in their use.)
- The CDC has a natural foods policy. Please provide healthy foods which can be packed in a lunch box. Please do not include glass containers. (Meals cannot be heated, refrigerated, or otherwise prepared at the CDC.)
- Please label all items in your child’s lunchbox.
- Please bring any and all allergies and food prohibitions to our attention.