Find information on programs, curricula, divisions, departments and faculty. Bergen offers more than 120 degree and certificate programs; all classes are taught by faculty experts dedicated to assisting students succeed as they pursue lifelong learning.
- Identifies a need for new policy and designates a Responsible Office.
- Drafts the policy utilizing the policy template which can be downloaded from the website at: https://bergen.edu/about-us/college-policies/.
- Coordinates Stakeholder review.
- Refines draft and sends it to the Office of the Executive Vice President for a review of content for clarity, grammar, spelling and any formatting inconsistencies.
- Obtains endorsement from Responsible Executive followed by approval from Approval Authority and sends the final draft accompanied by supporting documentation to the Office of the Executive Vice President.
- If Approval Authority is Board of Trustees (BOT), works with the President to schedule and obtain endorsement by the appropriate committee and approval by the board.
- Provides consultation to Responsible Executive and Responsible Office at the outset and as needed during the entire development process.
- Reviews policy draft, reflecting stakeholder inputs for clarity, spelling and corrects any formatting inconsistency.
- Sends draft with comments and suggestions back to Responsible Office for obtaining endorsement from and approval respectively from Responsible Executive and Approval Authority.
- If Approval Authority is Board of Trustees (BOT), works with the President to schedule committee reviews as a prelude to obtaining approval of BOT.
- Updates website and communicates to the College.
- Notifies Responsible Executive and Responsible Office that the policy has been published.
- Ensures policy is maintained current by review/revision of content on a periodic and as needed basis.
Office of the Executive Vice President: