Find information on programs, curricula, divisions, departments and faculty. Bergen offers more than 120 degree and certificate programs; all classes are taught by faculty experts dedicated to assisting students succeed as they pursue lifelong learning.
Health professions or health care professions is a program of study that prepares students to become medical or wellness professionals.
- Students interested in oral hygiene can study dental hygiene to become a registered dental hygienist.
- Students interested in sonography can study diagnostic medical sonography to become a registered professional in the field.
- Students interested in administrative, clinical, and management duties in healthcare can be trained in medical office duties to become a certified medical assistant.
- Students interested in nursing can pursue training either as a day or evening student to become a registered nurse.
- Students interested in providing emergency life support to patients in the pre-hospital environment can study to become licensed EMT’s and paramedics.
- Students who are registered or registry-eligible radiologic technologists can study radiation therapy to help treat cancer to become certified in the field.
- Students interested in the medical imaging profession can study radiography to become certified radiologists in the field.
- Students interested in respiratory care therapies and modalities can study to become certified respiratory care therapists in the field.
- Students interested in surgical technology can study to become surgical technologists in the field.
- Students interested in animals and animal welfare can study to become veterinary technologists in the field.
- Students interested in wellness, exercise science, and sports can study to enter the health and athletic fields.