Find information on programs, curricula, divisions, departments and faculty. Bergen offers more than 120 degree and certificate programs; all classes are taught by faculty experts dedicated to assisting students succeed as they pursue lifelong learning.
Professor of History
BA History, Wake Forest University 1997
MA European History, University of North Carolina at Greensboro 2002
Ph.D. Modern French History, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2007
Office Location: Lyndhurst Campus Room 406
Office Hours: Monday, Wednesday, 10:15-11:15 am Tuesday, Thursday 1:15-2:15 pm and by appointment
Courses Taught at BCC
- History 101 Western Civilization II to the Reformation
- History 102 Western Civilization II since the Reformation
- History 106 History of Modern Europe to the French Revolution
- History 107 History of Modern Europe since the French Revolution
- History 111 US History to Reconstruction
- History 112 US History Since Reconstruction
- History 146 Genocide and Holocaust
My research deals primarily with 20th century French intellectual life. In particular, I am interested in the construction of intellectual identity on the French extreme Right during the periods of active intellectual “engagement” or involvement in public and political affairs. This research has led me to other areas of interest in Modern European history including the history and nature of Fascism in Germany, France, and Italy, Holocaust studies, a study of Nationalism and national identity construction, and an interest in oppositional communities.