Find information on programs, curricula, divisions, departments and faculty. Bergen offers more than 120 degree and certificate programs; all classes are taught by faculty experts dedicated to assisting students succeed as they pursue lifelong learning.
If a student does not want to remain in class, the student must officially withdraw.
Failure to officially withdraw will result in a financial obligation to the college, whether or not the student attends class.
None of the following reasons waive your responsibility for payment of tuition:
- Not paying your bill
- Not receiving a bill in the mail – we do not mail tuition bills
- If you register in person, you will receive your bill at the time you register
- If you register via the web, you must check the Account Summary page (Self-Serve Menu > WebAdvisor for Students >Financial information > Account Summary by Term) and then use the Make a Payment page, as applicable.
- Receiving notice that you will be dropped from your classes
- Not receiving financial aid
- Not attending classes
- Not fulfilling your AMS obligation
To withdraw from classes, feel free to use one of the following options:
- Go to the college Registration Center located in Room A-129, Pitkin Education Center for in-person assistance
- Log on to your Bergen Portal account and drop the class.Please be advised that if you drop via the Bergen Portal, you must confirm the drop and verify “My Class Schedule” link, just to make sure if the current schedule is updated accordingly.
NOTE: Students receiving financial aid assistance, scholarships or participating in specific programs including NJStars, Athletics, Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) program, Veterans, receiving OSS accommodations, F-1 international students, Honors, etc... must contact the respective office/department or academic counselors prior to any withdrawal action.
Please refer to the Registration Calendars for official withdrawal deadline dates and refund policy.
Failure to officially withdraw from classes will have a negative effect on your GPA (Grade Point Average).
Official withdrawal deadline (No money back, No withdrawals, No grade of “W” after this date) for all locations.
For additional detailed deadlines information and important dates to remember relevant to the current semester, feel free to follow the “Deadlines – Registration Calendar” hyperlink (refer to the left purple sidemenu bar content).