Find information on programs, curricula, divisions, departments and faculty. Bergen offers more than 120 degree and certificate programs; all classes are taught by faculty experts dedicated to assisting students succeed as they pursue lifelong learning.
Last Check-in Time
- No tests will be given within 45 minutes of closing. Plan accordingly.
- We recommend you check the www.new.bergen.edu/testing for official schedule & changes (e.g. late night hours, closures, etc.). and refer to the following schedule:
Course Required Testing Last Check-in Time
and Test Materials Collection Time
REGULAR HOURS OF OPERATION
(Student Photo ID & Professor’s Name required to take a test)
|Tests Materials Collection
(regardless of Start Time)
|Monday||4:15 P.M.||4:45 P.M.|
|Tuesday||6:15 P.M.||6:45 P.M.|
|Wednesday||6:15 P.M.||6:45 P.M.|
|Thursday||4:15 P.M.||4:45 P.M.|
|Friday||4:15 P.M.||4:45 P.M.|
The Office of Testing Services administers examinations for:
- Online/Distance Learning Courses– for students that are enrolled in online or distance learning courses originating at Bergen Community College.
Students may take required examinations, previously arranged with their course instructors.
- Instructional Make-up Testing – for students who have missed a scheduled classroom examination.
Students must make arrangements with their course instructors to take these examinations for students who have missed a scheduled classroom examination or eligible for accommodated testing services with approval from the OSS Office.
Students must abide by the Testing Center policies and procedures below.
Please review to learn the the procedure and to know what to bring with you to the Testing Office on the day of your examination.
- Check the Testing Office hours before you come in. No tests will be given within 45 minutes of closing. Give yourself enough time to complete your examination. Tests will be collected within 15 minutes of closing.
- Know the deadline to take your examination set by your instructor. The Testing Office will not administer examinations after this deadline date.
- Bring your photo identification with your name and a current picture (i.e. a driver’s license, passport, County Identification, BCC identification, etc.). No tests will be administered without photo identification.
- Bring all permitted materials (i.e. calculator, pens/pencils, dictionaries, etc.).
- Know your instructor’s lastname. The Testing Office cannot administer an exam without an instructor’s name.
- If you are an online/distance student you must provide the course number and section. (i.e. MAT-150-098WB or PSY-106-096WB).
Testing Center Policies and Procedure
- Turn off cellphones and all other electronic devices and keep them stored out of sight.
- Absolutely no food or drinks are permitted in the Testing Center.
- Students who are caught are not allowed to use the Testing Center.
- Place all textbooks, notebooks, and other belongings not required for your test under your seat.
- Only materials permitted by the instructor on the examination cover sheet may be used during the test.
- Keep your student identification card on your desk at all times during the test.
- Communication amongst test takers is not permitted in the Testing Center. Only test takers are allowed in the testing room. Children may never accompany a test taker in the testing room.
- Keep track of the time permitted for your test. Test takers are responsible for completing their tests within the time limit imposed by the instructor.
- Test takers are responsible for returning all test materials to the OTS proctor or the OTS staff member when the test is complete or the time limit has been reached.
- Test takers who check in with late start times assume responsibility for testing with less time than instructor allowed.
- Test takers must have the permission of the testing proctor or the OTS staff to leave the Testing Center before the test is completed. Instructor will be notified if time out of the Testing Center exceeds 5 minutes. Testing time will not be adjusted should student leave the Testing Center. Students must leave cell phones and all belongings at their seat.
- Test takers will not be permitted to return and complete an exam at a later time without permission from the instructor.
- Under no circumstances shall a test taker leave the Testing Center with a test other than to return it to the OTS staff member.
- Test takers will surrender the test and test materials to the OTS staff member immediately upon request.
- It is the responsibility for all students and their guests to become familiar with the full BCC Student Code of Conduct, an excerpt of which is listed below. These guidelines outline prohibited conduct by students and their guests.
Bergen Community College, in this Code will be referred to as the College, is committed to providing a campus environment that is conducive to academic inquiry in the College tradition. The College is a comprehensive, educational institution that exists to foster inquiry and public discourse. Student members of the College community are expected to abide by certain standards of conduct that form the basis of the Student Code of Conduct [this Code] and ensure that their visitors do likewise. These standards are embodied within a set of core values that include integrity, fairness, respect, community, and responsibility. When students fail to adhere to this Code, College or community standards, appropriate proceedings may be initiated under this Code to address the failure and its consequences.
- The Office of Testing Services cannot answer specific questions over the phone about a student or the student’s examinations.
- All students must come to the office in room S-127 with government issued photo identification to receive specific information about an examination in The Office of Testing Services.
- Third parties never receive specific information about a student as per The Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). For more information about FERPA at BCC click here.